Monday, July 13, 2015

WIP Ork Biker

I am starting my next project: Bad Ork Bike Boyz! I have four bikers and they've been fun and fairly effective. Plus, as an Evil Sunz warband, these guys should be a core component. So it is time to build them up to a proper-size gang.

I'm really happy with how this first one is turning out so far with the oversize front wheel, shocks and  big handle bars for cruising to the battlefield. The handlebars are a paper clip and took about an hour to shape (and they're still a bit kittywompus!) but I like the effect. It kind of reminds me more of a Harley.

Obviously there is a ton of work left to go, but wanted to share the progress so far.




For the guns, I am thinking about having a grot standing on the platform on the back firing a pivot-mounted gun. It seems tough to drive a motorcycle and fire the guns with one hand, while cracking skulls with the other.  I tried to figure out a way to model both hands holding the handlebars, but I couldn't find or model two that looked symmetrical. 

The grot platform gunner may be a bit too clunky for a bike, but I'll play around with it and see. I also like the idea of lots of gretchin riding on the bikes and vehicles of a Speed Freaks army.


1 comment:

  1. Great looking bike!!! Your other ones are downright whimpy looking compared to that thing!

    ReplyDelete