Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Mega Trukk is Ready to Roll

After two months of cutting, gluing, filing and painting, the mighty Mega Trukk is finished and ready to roll! This was an exhausting project, but very fulfilling as my most ambitious conversion yet. 

Side view with the tailgate ramp raised for driving.

Ramp dropped for easy meganob access!

Extra crew in case the driver or gunner gets killed!

The big thing behind the cab is a raised air intake so the trukk can drive through water!

I'm not crazy about my black flames on the rear panel. My freehand painting still needs work. But it's OK because Orks aren't good artists either so it fits!

Lots of scrap and plates in the back. And a tow chain in case anyone else gets stuck.

More clutter in the bed. I think a grot with a tool wouldn't look bad standing in front of the bed by the air intake.


This is the original kit that I started with. I saw it in the hobby shop and thought it would make a great trukk. I just thought that cab looked nice and blocky and Orky. 


Size comparison with my other turkk. Remember that one is already extended quite a bit beyond the stock kit!

The Mega Trukk is massive! Truly an appropriate ride for only the toughest and wealthiest Orks in the tribe.

Well, that's all for this project. Next up, I need to assemble and paint the meganobz that are going to ride around in this thing. I can't wait to put it on the battlefield. It is so tall, it won't be able to fully hide behind much terrain! It may not be ideal in game terms, but it will look bad ass in the next battle report! My army is finally starting to look like a true Evil Sunz warband now that they have some more wheelz.


8 comments:

  1. Ooooh. You finally tipped your hand. You didn't start w the GW trukk kit at all! You scandalous scoundrel! It still looks great though. I feel like it must have a superior armor value compared to it's ramshackle counterpart but alas. Rusty scrap is rusty scrap no matter now big you make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad you thought I was capable if scratch building that cab, but I'm nowhere close to that good! I just didn't want to post the picture of the original kit until you saw my conversion or I thought it would take away from the effect of seeing the ork version.

      In terms of the armor, I might check out Imperial Armor 8 and see if the rules for something like the gun wagon are more appropriate. Or maybe I should just let you and Pete come up with some rules and a points cost!

      Delete
    2. Hmm. I seem to recall gun wagons as a vehicle featured in my old imperial armor mailer. A good middleman between trukks and waggons. Even though in reality a trukk is better in *every* way to a waggon!

      Delete
  2. The true bottom line is: your trukk is a unique and supremely well done piece. No one on earth has anything even close! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm very happy with the result. I love that it is a true one-of-a-kind.

      Delete
    2. That's a feeling a lot of Ork players can relate to.
      Nice job. I suppose you can field it as a Big Trakk or something.

      Delete
  3. Amazing! Your boyz are really lucky with such a ded stompy trukk! And you've really nailed that orky style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I appreciate the kind words. Now I just need to work on the meganobz who are going to be cruising around in this thing.

      Delete