Friday, July 24, 2015

Tread Bike Update - WIP #2

I've been doing a little work on my Ork tread bike and making some slow progress. Because of the width of the tread, I had to split the sides of the Space Marine bike, attach them to either side and then fill in the gap with plastic. I tried to use a little Green Stuff to model the seats. After it dried, I tried to smooth it down with a small file. It will probably look crappy, but it is good modeling practice for me and not too important since most of it will be hidden by the rider.




It still needs handlebars and a rider, obviously. I probably won't add the rider until I get the bike painted so I can more easily reach everything. The front is a little crooked, but I suppose that is not the end of the world for an Ork vehicle. 

I also need to do something to rear end to make it a bit more Orky, but I don't have any ideas at the moment. I suppose I will dig around in my bitz box and see if I get any inspiration. 

It won't end up as the coolest bike in my army, but it will definitely add variety, at least. And a true Ork army should have as much variation in the models as possible!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe the rear could be orkified with additional exhaust pipes. Humie vehicles must be too quiet for Ork's taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rolz. That was my first thought, but unfortunately the Space Marine bike already has a rather Orky four exhausts! I just can't see going to six exhausts. I may extend the existing ones to make them a bit bigger.

      I was digging through my bitz box and came across a burna boy backpack and decided to slap that on as a super-sized fuel tank. I got it partially assembled and I'll try to post an update tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. love the front of this bike! very intimidating!

    ReplyDelete