Thursday, December 4, 2014

Grodzag Skartoof

Grodzag is one of Filgakk's most ferocious nobz, usually entrusted to lead one of the larger mobz of boyz into the thickest fighting. Known among the warband for his ability to find the best fighting and the most dangerous foes, there is never a shortage of boyz who want to follow Grodzag into battle.  

Red face paint makes 'im go fasta'! I am pretty happy with how the skull banner pole paint job turned out. It should be sufficiently intimidating to keep the boyz in line.

I used  the same skin technique I tried on my Painboy. It takes a little time, but I like the results. My plan is to use it on characters and keep the boyz with just the simple drybrush.

The big rock adds even more to his height. His presence will dominate his mob of boyz.

Dakka dakka!
"Right, ladz! Let's stomp some 'umies!"



4 comments:

  1. I think your painting skill is getting better and better! This nob and your pain boy are really well done! I'm a big fan of his arms, pants and the skull banner pole in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pete. I really like the skin, but it takes a long time. It hard for me to balance my desire to paint each model as well as a I can with the need to get large numbers of Orks painted. So I figure I'll give the characters a bit more detail to help set them apart. It also gives me a chance to do something a little different on these models, which helps keep the painting more engaging. I'm looking forward to getting this guy on the tabletop and seeing him go toe-to-toe with some Marines now that he is properly painted!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, very well done. Is that 2 highlights on the skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skin is actually four layers. The base is a dark green mixed with dark brown. Then a mossy green mixed with brown. Then the old Goblin Green mixed with brown. Then a light mossy green for the final highlight. I've been trying out mixing browns with the greens for my nobz and bosses because I thought it would make them look older, tougher and more grizzled. We'll have to see if you think it gives that effect on the battlefield.

      Delete