Saturday, December 13, 2014

Da Wreckin' Krew

I finally finished the last two 'Ard Boyz out of my mob of ten. Like the rest of the mob, I modeled these guys many years ago. While they have flashes of inspiration and a great variety of poses, the quality of the conversion work is pretty uneven. Once again, I obviously sucked at using Green Stuff so I tried to cover the awkward gaps with chains (which didn't turn out too poorly in most cases) and some of the posing isn't great. For the second Ork shown (with shield), I assume I was going for a  dynamic pose, such as some type of dodging move. It looks a bit awkward, but I refuse to go back and redo any old work. I am only going to move forward and do better on the next batch. There is room in my army for my entire learning curve of Orky projects.

Angry ork with a big axe. I always see lots of ugly details when I zoom a photo in this much. They definitely look better on the tabletop!

Wow, that axe looks really crooked here.


I suppose he looks like he is dodging by ducking his left shoulder.

Another kustom choppa. I figure to accumulate the teef and scrap for this much armor, these boyz must be veterans and so they have upgraded their weapons as well as their armor.

A patched-up shield adds to the armored plates. I'm not sure it would stop a bolter round, but it probably works well against frag missiles and in close combat.

Here is the full Wreckin' Krew. Click to see it bigger. The nob isn't shown because he was painted for my slugga boyz years ago. I just need to add some stripes and battle damage so he'll fit in with the rest. Then all they will be missing is their ride. Coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. Do you guys think I should add face paint to the ork with the two-handed axe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah. He helps keep the squad from being to loud. Tones things down a bit. Unless you want this squad to really be bold to stand out.

      Delete