Saturday, March 14, 2015

Mega Trukk Bed

I've worked up the bed for my mega trukk. I may still do a little more detail work like adding a few additional rivets, glyphs, or battle damage.

I started off with the box of a model truck and added plenty of orky steel plates, rivets, bolts and glyphs. 

I figured mega nobz would be too  heavy to easily climb or jump out of the back of a trukk like the boyz, so I installed a ramp!

The bed is big enough to fit three actual mega nobz; much bigger than the standard trukk bed!

With the rear ramp folded up above the bumper.

I wanted a ramshackle, orky, scrap-built look to match my other trukk, but I don't want it to look like a total piece, either.

Here is the in-progress mega trukk next to my other turkk, which is already extended from the GW version. Even bigga' and betta'!

Da nobz will be riding (and disembarking) in style and comfort compared to da boyz.

You can see how much bigger I had to make the bed to fit at least three nobz. The rules say a standard trukk could hold six! 

So what do you think so far? Please give me some feedback on how I can make the bed better before I start undercoating and painting. I think I might need some plates and bolts on the trukk bed and interior of the walls, which looks a little too neat right now.

While I think about the bed a little more, I am going to start painting some pieces of the cab.

3/15/15 Update:
I added some more junk, gear, and plates to the interior of the bed. I imagine Orks aren't too neat so a little clutter would not be out of place.

Added hammer, gas can, plates, beams, bolts, and patches.

Extra chain would come in handy if anyone got stuck.


At this point, I think this bad boy is ready for undercoat. I figure I should stop while I can still get the three large bases in here. Any more clutter and it starts to become less practical. Besides, you don't have time to accumulate too much gear when your trukk gets wrecked almost every battle!


1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah! Magnificent! Looks perfect. Not too junky for Ork nobility but not unrealistically neat. The ramp is an act of brilliance. I love it. I can't help but imagine heavy armored boots tramping down the ramp amid explosions and bullets ripping into muddy earth. The boyz around them are howling but the Nobz themselves are grim and steely. Quite a good showpiece.

    ReplyDelete