Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Mega Trukk Frame

I've been working hard on my "Mega Trukk" - da biggest and best trukk in da fleet for my mega nobz. Here are some photos of the chassis all painted up and weathered.

The front is the end with the pointy bits! (The right.) I elected to make the tires nice and dusty/dirty to look they have been driving around our cold, dry terrain.

This is where the bed will go. Mega nobz are heavy and need solid I-beams to support the bed!

Here is the ram in front and the armor plates below the ram that take a beating while driving into things. The cab will go above the ram.

The base of this trukk comes from a model kit of a military transport. I am using some bits from the trukk kit and painting it in a very similar style to the last trukk to keep some consistency between them since the overall look of the models will be so different.

I have a lot of the modeling done on the cab and am about ready to undercoat it. I'm also close on most of the crew. The bed still needs some work before it will be ready for priming and painting. 

Once the three main sub-assemblies are done, I will glue them all together and then I will just need to add a few more bits to finish it off. 

These pictures don't show much of what the final product will look like, but I figure I should post some work-in-progress shots just to prove I'm still working along on this project, albeit slowly!

I'll post more soon.

It is a little bigger than my other trukk, which is already a bit bigger than a standard GW trukk!

It is taller, too. Definitely a ride worthy of mega nobz.


2 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! That thing will be a beast! You'll be the one placing wide lanes in the terrain now as that thing will need some space to maneuver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am not calling it the Mega Trukk for nothing! It is so big that I might have to look into using different rules for it. Apparently, there is something in one of the Imperial Armor books called a gun wagon that is a little tougher than a regular trukk. I'd like to get the Orky Imperial Armor book at some point. If you actually want to fit 3 - 6 mega nobz in a trukk like the rules allow, it has to be HUGE.

    I also agree that as our armies get bigger and we use more vehicles, I will need to work on getting a bigger table to give us room to maneuver. At least the mega trukk has a reinforced ram, which allows it to re-roll dangerous terrain checks so I can power through some rocks or trees with less chance of getting immobilized!

    ReplyDelete