Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Mega Trukk Update - Da Krew!

I finally got my crew modeled and painted, as well as the rokkit launcha turret! I am so excited about this project.

The driver is a little short, but a pretty good fit for just eyeballing a truck model in a hobby store! The gunner is a perfect fit and I gave him a little brace behind him so he doesn't fly out whenever the driver hits the gas... which is always.

I added a passenger who does nothing in game terms, but adds so much flavor by leaning out the window yelling and shooting with his hair flying in the wind! I can't picture an Ork trukk going into battle with an empty seat.

The turret is not glued in so I can pivot it or remove it. I still have to decide if I want to leave it free or glue it.

The gunner has a commanding view of the battle. I love this shot because you can see the driver and passenger through the front windows. That bar in the left window is an "oh shit" bar for the passenger to hold onto while careening around.

Now I just need to paint up the trukk bed and then work on a few details and gubbinz for the area between the bed and cab. She is really starting to come together. Nothing gives a trukk that Orkish personality like adding the actual Orks! I really like having the extra boy riding; more bodies adds to the overall horde appearance of the army. If it wasn't so time consuming, I would consider modeling an additional boy hanging on for grim death on the side somewhere.



2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, adding orks really adds to it. It's looking great! I love all the little details. So much better than a boring, sterile human vehicle

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part about Ork konversions is that you can add all sorts of random details and it looks natural. It does not have to look like they came out of a factory so all the rough cuts and patched-together bitz look natural! I can't imagine trying to make a decent conversion for any other army.

    ReplyDelete