Sunday, July 27, 2014

Skorcha Sled

I mostly konverted this Skorcha many years ago, back in Houston. I just added a few bits and then painted it up. I'm pretty happy overall with the result, but I'd like feedback from you guys.


As you can see, this trakk has skis in front instead of a wheel since we are battling on snow! This little conversion has really got me thinking of how else I can incorporate the snow environment into my models. Expect more snow-themed conversions later!

Back in the old Codex Orks, there was a vehicle upgrade called Spikes 'n Blades that inflicted something like d3 S3 hits on a unit that charged the vehicle. I believe I was modeling this upgrade on this Skorcha. But since that doesn't exist in the new Codex, the extra spikes and bits don't add any value besides looking Orky.


I tried to paint some splattering snow onto the front skis, but I'm not sure if I like how it turned out. What do you think? More snow? Just mud? Leave as-is?

Also, do you think it needs more scratched paint and battle damage? I think the red paint on the sides looks a little too neat and clean still. I am happy with how the rust turned out.

The gunner makes me smile. I think he was originally from the Gorkamorka rokkit buggy and he is closing one eye so it looks like he is really aiming. I'll call him Dead-Eye Dorg, and he will take a lot of pride in being known as the ork who never misses (because he has a template weapon)!






2 comments:

  1. Loving it. I like the snow in the blades for sure! I think I'll enjoy blowing it up with a plasma cannon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I wasn't sure if it looked enough like snow, but I think it will look better on a snowy table. Speaking of which, watch this blog for battlefield pictures coming soon!

    ReplyDelete