Monday, July 28, 2014

Gaming Table Update

Here are some pictures of the progress I am making on the gaming table. The size is 4 ft wide by 6-1/2 ft long. I could not find a snow grass mat at the hobby shop so I bought a desert one that is tan. Then I sprayed it with white spray paint and white textured paint, which made the whole house reek, by the way. The end result is that it looks like a cold desert with a dusting of snow, maybe like the Gobi. It is not as white and snowy as I was aiming for, but it looks kind of cool. The tan beneath the snow adds depth and realism and I like it. But it doesn't match exactly the pure white bases we have been putting on the models, although they look OK on the table, as you can see here. Let me know what you think.




Not as white as I wanted, but it looks decent. I like the texture. It definitely looks like a dry, cold, snowy desert where the snow is just a dusting getting blown away by the high winds. But my snowmobile wartrakk might look a little out of place without more snow!

I apologize for the terrible lighting. My next goal should be to get a halfway decent light in this room.



This shot is to give you some scale. I think it is plenty big for small to medium size games, maybe up to 1500 - 1800 pts per side. We might eventually need a bigger table, but not for a long time. Also, this shows you what it looks like when you step back. Looks a little whiter from this perspective. The nice thing is I can use this same technique on the bases of any terrain pieces so they will match the table exactly.

Let me know what you think!



2 comments:

  1. It looks great Phil! I'm excited to see it on Friday! I want to see it before I start working on my model bases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea. The bases on my models are a little too white compared to the table. I may eventually think about re painting them, but not while I have so much else to do!

    ReplyDelete