Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Da Big Boss

I finally have a general for my army. I converted him back in Houston using some Warhammer Fantasy bits from an Orc boss and an ogre. I was going for a pit fighter look. My intention is for the big left hand with the gauntlet/chainsaw to count as a power fist/power klaw. I know it doesn't look as killy as a power klaw, but I figure it looks a lot bigger and stronger than a chain fist on a terminator! Looking back, I wonder if I should have made the huge chain sword stick out the end of his fist in order to look more like a chain fist and less like a chain sword. But being an Evil Sunz boss, I wanted him to look brutal, but also quick and kunnin' in combat.

His skin is a much browner/mossier green and his teeth are browner to represent him being older and tougher than the boyz. Perhaps later I might add a blood splatter on his chain blade and the severed Hydra Legion head. Citadel has a new paint called Blood for the Blood God that is supposed to look like wet gore.

I am ecstatic to finally have an HQ to lead my army. For the first time ever, I can play a legal game of 40k using only models that I painted myself!





No comments:

Post a Comment