Sunday, June 14, 2015

Tankbusta 3: Gutz

I call this one Gutz. It is hard to see in the pictures, but he has a big scar across the lower left part of his abdomen. While hunting a tusked beast, he was gored and his innards spilled out. With his weapon lost and the beast's tusks pressing into him, Gutz wrapped a loop of intestine around the beast's neck and strangled it. Now he displays the ragged scar proudly and uses the animal's tusk as a weapon so that everyone knows who he is. He has earned a reputation as one of the toughest orks in the tribe.

Savage enough for ya, Pete?

You can just see the famous scar right above the belt. And he has a tooth stuck through his lip as a piercing!
He uses the tusk for its intimidation factor. It lets everyone know who he is.

One extra rokkit because the first one might miss! 

The only thing better than hunting tusked beasts is hunting tanks!

While posting these pictures, I noticed a few small details I missed. These zoomed-in photos on the monitor are actually larger than the actual model and I always see imperfections when I look at them. I will touch him up and post the final pictures of the mob after I finish all the bases.



2 comments:

  1. Damn, I don't see anything wrong. I've been meaning to tell you that your painting skills are incredible. Don't think that I don't notice the great skin highlighting. It's beyond what I am willing or able to do since getting rusty. You could display that in a hobby store w pride, confident that it is on par w the most experienced painters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the praise. I browse the net daily and study photos of great miniatures. I also try to read posts and watch videos on how to paint, which helps. Back when we started, this stuff didn't exist and we were self-taught (well, it was more that you taught Pete and I) with the occasional White Dwarf article to open our eyes to something new like dry brushing. But copying from others is much easier and a quicker way to improve!

      Delete