Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Native of Xhorik Prime

I'm currently working on converting some feral native Orks of Xhorik Prime as Tankbustas with a "techno-savage" look. They have a tribal culture and salvage their technology from the ruins of the deserts.

Here is the first one, affectionately named Chuck. I'll do all their bases at the end.

He prefers hunting the big metal squigs in the traditional way: with spears.

"This is my boom stick!"

I was going for a pose that looks like he is winding up and ready to launch his explosive spear.

Tanks and beakies beware!

I figure the fact that he is throwing a spear is covered by the poor Ork ballistic skill.
In the second picture, you can see he has metal studs stuck in his skin. When he blew up his first tank, several pieces of shrapnel buried themselves in his skin. Rather than remove them, Chuck pinned them in place as decorations, to show off his toughness and bravery.

I have six more modeled up and I will be posting them as I get them painted.

3 comments:

  1. I love your work, great greenskin here, this tankbusta is really awesome like your others Orks :)

    See you later on Warseer !

    Blacky83

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Blacky. I checked out your page and it is fantastic! Tons of great stuff on there. I appreciate you coming over to look at my stuff.

      Delete
  2. The spear pose is pretty rad. Really makes him look wild. Like he can't distinguish between tank and beast.

    ReplyDelete