Saturday, April 2, 2022

Sons of Horus Contemptor Build

I built a nice base for my Sons of Horus Contemptor. I wanted it to be uneven with an opportunity to create a stepping pose to show off how dynamic the model is compared to the plastic kit. Of course, I also wanted it to match with my infantry bases so I made the main area out of the same "grating" material I've used for the rest of the army. The raised area is a piece of the vent cover from our old, dead Xbox 360 that I salvaged when we pitched it a few years ago. There are strips of wooden coffee stirrers under the Xbox piece to give it some height. Then I just added some random odds and ends from the bits box and a few pieces of picture-hanging wire.


Now on to building the excellent and very posable model after the break:


After quite a bit of cleanup of the pieces, I started with the legs so I could get the stepping pose that I wanted. For some reason, I decided to magnetize the torso. This lets me pivot the torso on the waist and also remove it, which may help with painting. I suppose it can also come in handy when the dreadnought gets wrecked in a game.




I built the left (gun) arm using magnets as well so that I can swap out the gun. Pete said we had a few leftover weapons from the plastic contemptor dreadnoughts that comes in the box set that I can use. I really enjoyed building this guy with the immense flexibility in the posing. Now looking forward to getting him painted and in a game!




No comments:

Post a Comment