Sunday, September 15, 2019

Drop Troops Updates: Tarantulas and More Grenadiers/Veterans

I've finished a few things for the Drop Troops over the last few months while building by Khan on Jetbike and the Skyhunter squad. Just a few quick projects to break up the endless coats of white on the Scars:

Quick and dirty paint job: prime, base coat the black and metal, wash, drybrush twice, pick out the eagle, add weathering. 

They turn out pretty well for being so quick. They look like they have been dropped from a Valkyrie and used in the field for a while.

If these were not so pricey, I would get a few more just because they were so quick and fun to paint.


If you see those blue sensors... move!




Then I painted a sergeant and some sniper rifle guys for my squad of Grenadiers or veterans with carapace armor, depending on what book you use. I did not have any particular want or need for sniper rifles. They just looked cool and I felt like painting something different. 

Another shot of the sergeant. I am not sure why he has to remove his mouth armor to give orders into his communicator. I guess they don't have radio helmets? And I finally finished the sign for our industrial facility terrain. The only decals I could find online that were sort of generic sci-fi appropriate were zombie themed. Guess we need to get some plague zombies now.

And somewhere along the way, I picked up some old Kasrkin models from eBay to use as Storm Troopers. The only thing I did not like was that the sergeant had a bare head while everyone else sensibly wore helmets. So I painstakingly cut and filed his head off (and the helmet hanging on his belt!) and replaced it with a matching helmet. I'd like him to match the rest of the army and look like he is jumping into a hostile environment!
I also did a single Grenadier with missile launcher but I guess I never took a picture so here he is in his first battle report where he died horribly at the hands of the Butchers.


That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment