Sunday, May 6, 2018

Drop Sentinels

The Xhorik 87th Drop Troops Regiment is finally getting some heavy support - relatively speaking, of course...


Drop sentinels of the Xhorik 87th. They have been in a field for a good while, picking up some dust and grime.




The sentinel is a great kit. The legs can be posed an infinite number of ways.


The only reason to use legs over wheels is if you are going to be in some very rough terrain so I tried to make the bases look like they were at least using those unweildy legs to climb over some large rocks.


I was experimenting with various weathering techniques and might have gone a little heavy in spots.

The grav chutes on these guys must be pretty powerful to slow the descent of so much weight. I tried to go for a sooty look.


The crew match the rest of the regiment's infantry, except for their unique helmets that are tied into the vehicle's life support system. 


The pictures here show their multi-meltas, but I magnetized the weapons and also painted lascannons, mult-lasers, and autocannons.

The only thing is, now that I have weathered these guys, I need to go back and weather the pristine Tauros!


No comments:

Post a Comment