Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Scatter Terrain

In the last games, we realized we needed a bit more small terrain pieces that provide cover. So I decided to work up these quick pieces of scatter terrain before I start painting my sentinel.


Stacks of pipes, barrels and tires. Simple yet effective.

And here they are again with a few models standing behind them for scale.


The stacks of pipes are actually just the plastic tubes from rolls of dog poop bags (yes, it took many months of bagging dog turds to get all of those pipes). The barrels and tires are on plasticard to look like patterned steel plates so that the terrain can be dropped on any tabletop and not look out of place. The barrels are the old, classic GW barrels from the 3rd edition terrain sprue; the one with the tank traps. And the tires are Lego tires. You can see LEGO on the tire and I thought about scraping it off, but I decided I liked the look of the raised lettering since it looks more like real tires. And if anyone bothers to read it, I'll just say LEGO is an Imperial term that is short for Legion or something.


Those are some dirty tires!

I like doing terrain because it is so much faster than painting units for the army and you can experiment with different quick painting and weathering techniques because they don't need to be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment