Sunday, March 18, 2018

Drop Troops Grenadiers/Storm Troopers

I painted these guys up to be my Storm Troopers in the 7th Edition Drop Troops list. In Horus Heresy, the closest equivalent is Grenadiers. Either way, these guys are supposed to be more heavily armed and armored than my basic troops. In WH40k, they have hot shot lasguns. In Horus Heresy, they do not have an option for a strong basic gun (boltguns are the strongest option they have) so I will be adding a couple of special weapons troopers to give them some offensive capability. At some point, they will get a Valkyrie.






  

These models are Republic Grenadiers from Anvil Industries. I chose them because they fit with my existing drop troops but looked more heavily armed and armored, and they are really cool sculpts. Although the models are single pose without any weapon options (and they may have been discontinued) so it might not have been the best choice in the long run. For the two special weapons guys, I will be using some of these legs and heads with slightly different torsos and arms. It should be close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment