Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Terrain Update

I worked on the terrain a bit more. I applied some more highlights to the rocks and cliffs and attempted to get a halfway decent snow effect on the ground. Here are a few of the more finished pieces.





Do you think I should try to paint snow onto the rocks? By hand or with spray paint? If I try to paint freehand snow, it will probably look terrible. But spray paint is too unpredictable and uncontrollable. Or should I just leave it as-is and say the snow on the rocks melted or blew away because of the exposed rock?

Let me know what you think.



2 comments:

  1. Those rocks look way better with that white dry brushing. They fit the surroundings and look more natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ground on the terrain definitely matches the table better with the white dry brush layer.The second highlight on the rocks is a light tan, which I had always planned to do, but ran out of time before your visit

    ReplyDelete