Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pete's New Terminator Paint Scheme

Pete finished his first terminator. In his chapter, these elite units have their own unique color scheme to further distinguish them from the bulk of the chapter.

I love it. As a standalone chapter color scheme, it would be a bit plain, but against a backdrop of red power armor and vehicles, it is going to jump out and look awesome. Plus, I assume Pete will add some squad and chapter insignia in red to the shoulder and leg to add a bit more color to the whitest areas. This combined with his power armor makes a pretty unique chapter coloring, in my opinion.

I really like the power fist color scheme and the helmet is just plain fierce! The highlighting and black outlining is excellent. Definitely Pete's best painting to date! I'm very impressed with his painting improvement from years ago with previous chapters. I don't think I could have painted this model any better.

I think these colors live up to the high standards that his terminators displayed on the battlefield. Those things were really tough to take down and now they have a look that adds to the intimidation.




No comments:

Post a Comment