Saturday, August 6, 2022

White Scars in MkVI Progress

 Here is the first of my White Scars in MkVI. I used mostly the same painting process as for my other White Scars with a few slight tweaks to try to make it a bit faster. For the brown leather pouches, I am using Wyldwood Contrast instead of Rhinox and Mournfang browns. And for the black lining, I am trying mixing a black wash with oil paints and thinner rather than trying to draw the lines with black paint or Nuln Oil. The oil paints flow into the recesses a lot better so this step goes a little easier. But the main difference is that the MkVI armor is just much simpler than the MkIII or IV. There are fewer creases and raised areas to highlight and less trim to paint different colors. So these guys should go a bit faster than the older marks of armor. 

First MkVI model for the White Scars. Just needs weathering and damage.


More after the break:


A few more updates on the White Scars progress over the last month:


A batch of ruined urban bases all painted up.

To build the bases, I added more detail to a set of laser cut MDF.

I tried some new heads from a 3rd party bits site, but unfortunately they are too big. 


So I am making my own top knot heads. I plan to mix a couple into the squad for some variety.


Update:

The amazing folks at PopGoesTheMonkey sent me some smaller versions of the beakie heads I ordered. I only pointed out they were a bit large and did not ask for a refund or anything. They just sent me new ones and apologized. Great customer service! These new versions look like a perfect fit.
Unfortunately, I already glued heads on my ten man tactical squad but I can use these on the next squad.







Update:

A got a few more guys painted, too. The squad is up to three.







No comments:

Post a Comment