Thursday, February 10, 2022

Finishing the Fighting 501st

 After a long hiatus, I picked up the rest of the Stormtroopers and finished the second squad. I painted the six last year and the last three riflemen and the sergeant to finish. 










The sergeant is made by a non-GW company to fit the aesthetics of the now-defunct model range. I found it on eBay and I love that my two sergeants are not identical. I also love that this one is resin so I would not have to cut off another metal head and hip-slung helmet because modifying those old metal models is rough.

This now gives me:
Sergeant with power sword and hotshot laspistol
Sergeant with power sword and plasma pistol
Two troopers with flamers
One trooper with meltagun
One trooper with plasma gun
14 troopers with hotshot lasguns

In all, enough for two full 10-man units of the Fighting 501st to join the Xhorik 87th Drop Troopers in their most critical missions.

2 comments:

  1. Super dope. Sarge looks like Darth Vader w the cape and black armor. Almost anything could be under all that. A tough battle hardened woman like Mulan. Or an alien posing as a human, whose supernatural combat abilities make him too valuable to expell. Or a cyborg or AI! So many neat possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty exciting to have 2 heavy infantry squads w special weapons. They could almost stand up to space Marines. Both squads against one marine squad would be a good match.

    ReplyDelete