Sunday, June 13, 2021

Sons of Horus Bases

Hobby progress has been slow lately, but at least I whipped up some bases for my next batch of Sons of Horus. These 16 bases should be enough for my heavy support squad and veteran tactical squad. For the Sons, I have been going with a theme that could be the inside of a ship, base or industrial facility. The materials are mostly stuff from Home Depot, along with a little plasticard, a Lego piece here and there (the vent), dome-shaped nail beads for rivets, and a few pipes I had for terrain. I like to build and paint the bases separately for speed since it allows quick and dirty drybrushing and weathering. I have put the base coat of green on the heavy support squad so next I will glue them on to make painting the rest of the model easier. 


1 comment: