Sunday, October 8, 2017

WIP Pumping Station

I bought Shadow War: Armageddon to play with my son because I thought the smaller games would be better: fewer miniatures to collect and paint to start an army and quicker games. It's been quite fun and I am really impressed by the utility of the modular terrain so I have been busy cutting, scraping and gluing it together. I want to add to it until I have a truly multi-level table for small games instead of just a few platforms connected by a catwalk. So I am taking the opportunity to do some of the scratch-build projects that have been on my mind for a long time. But now I am making sure they have raised platforms that match the height of the Shadow War terrain so that it will all fit together.

This piece is a pumping/processing station. I have had the electrical box with the Legos on top and the tin cans rolling around together in a box for over a year, waiting to start building this until I had more bits for pipes and valves. This is a WIP shot and I still have more details to add, but you get the general idea of the piece: lots of pipes, hoses and ladders. I think this piece will work well as part of an industrial board with the other Shadow War terrain and could even standalone with the dessert terrain as a gathering station for the produced liquids and gasses from the extraction industries in the wastelands of Xhorik Prime.



No comments:

Post a Comment