Thursday, January 12, 2017

First Squad of Xhorik 87th Drop Troops

The first squad of the Xhorik 87th is ready for deployment!

The sergeant (far right) directs the advance. The trooper to his immediate left has a grenade launcher.



I modeled this squad with grav chutes to look like they just hit the dirt from a jump.
The squad is loaded down with packs, canteens, knives, extra ammo, grenades and bombs. They are ready to be dropped into a warzone behind enemy lines and operate independently or to hold a key position for as long as needed.

Somewhere in the move, I lost a grav chute so the guy throwing the grenade will get one from the pack that just arrived with my latest Forge World order. 

I elected not to do any weathering other than a little dust on the boots because they are just expendable troopers and I already spent more time on them than I should have. I think it would be cool to try some exhaust streaks on the grav chutes, but I'm not sure if it is worth the time on models that I need to paint dozens of and that die by the handful. I'm also thinking about trying to add a number on the right shoulder pad to designate the company number like IA3 says, but it may turn out ugly and need to be painted over.

I also need to decide if the orange stripes denote this squad as veterans or if they are squad markings or if the entire regiment has them. 

Let me know what you think: Exhaust streaks? Company numbers? How to use the stripes?



No comments:

Post a Comment