Thursday, September 11, 2014

Bringin' da Pain!

Da dokta is in!

The latest addition to my ork Warband is this Painboy. After my boyz were obliterated by Pete's bolter fire in our second game, especially with his Bolter Drill chapter trait, I figured I needed a way to help keep my mob alive long enough to reach melee.  This bad dok should do just the trick by injecting da boyz with his secret sauce and then patching the wounded back together. As they get hit. He gives his mob the Feel No Pain rule, which allows models to ignore unsaved wounds on a 5+, unless the wound causes Instant Death.

I am really liking the way his skin turned out. But I'm not yet happy with the glass vials of liquid. I'll probably try to repaint those at some point when I'm a better painter. I tried to paint the reflection of light on the glass to make it look shiny, but it looked terrible. I may just cheat and paint the glass with a few coats of shiny glaze to get a natural light reflection without paint. Other than that, I think he turned out pretty good. Although, he may need a few more dried blood splatters on his apron to make him  a proppa' Painboy.







Posting from the iPad results in some bizarre picture size formatting!




1 comment:

  1. Looks really good! Excellent job on da pain boy! That surgical tool doesn't look very painless!!

    ReplyDelete