Friday, June 29, 2018

Shadow War Armageddon Industrial Terrain Painted

I finally got around to painting my Shadow War Armageddon terrain. There are a couple of homemade pieces in there to extend how far the plastic kits go (Pringles canister off on the right and peanut canister under the large central platform). I also plan to use my pumping station with this since I built the platform to match the height, but it didn't get in the picture because it is still over at Pete's from our last game.





I tried to keep it simple, but it was still a long job just because there is so much surface area. All the paints except the Typhus Corrosion and washes were cheap craft store paints. Recipe was black primer, heavy drybrush dark grey, drybrush medium gray, then a wash with a mix of Agrax/Nuln oil, light drybrush of light grey, then primarily Typhus Corrosion for the grime and weathering. I wanted it to be quick and look decent and to stay in the background without overpowering the models as the center of attention on the battlefield. I think this recipe gets the mix right.

It looks like I need to add a few more of the clip-on wall/fences for cover in a few more places. Eventually, I would like to add more to it until we have enough to play a game using the Zone Mortalis rules on this terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment