Sunday, September 20, 2015

Rocks

I got a few minutes to myself for some hobby time last night. I managed to finish blacking over all the areas of exposed green foam on the ruins where they were either damaged in transit or where the maker was sloppy and missed spots in some crevices. I still need to drybrush on some grey concrete and brown dust to finish the repairs. Then I plan to add a bit more rubble to the bases and drybrush them with some lighter tans and off-whites to match the rest of the terrain bases I have.

Also, while exploring a construction site today with the kids, I came across some great rocks and rubble! I grabbed a few nice chunks and threw them in the wagon. I figure they could make some great, simple terrain. Just clean them off and paint them to match the rest of the terrain. Then just plunk them down on the battlefield or put them on bases. Some are even flat enough for models to stand on during games for nice dramatic moments of clambering over rocks to get at the enemy or an objective.

Some nice big rocks for use as terrain. Beer bottle shown for scale.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully you drank that beer! You deserve some hobby time with a cold tasty beer. Those look like great rocks to plop down when we want a more rugged battlefield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the first Octoberfest of the season is always extra delicious, especially while grilling burgers over charcoal!

      It has been tough to get much time to paint and sometimes when I have 20 or 30 minutes at night, I'm just too exhausted. But soon I'll be back to work more frequently.

      Delete