Monday, August 23, 2021

Don't I have a nice rack?

I decided to organize my hobby area with a paint rack. Browsing the interwebs for ideas, I found a hobbyist who hit on an amazing, low-cost solution: a simple nail polish rack. (Who knew anyone would own 60 bottles of nail polish, let alone that they are almost exactly the same size as Citadel paint pots?) 


For $16 and next-day delivery, you cannot beat it: Amazon link

It feels pretty sturdy and should last. The only problem is that it isn't big enough for all my paints, including washes, textures, and technicals so I will need to order another. (I guess even nail polish junkies don't need as many colors and textures as miniature painters who are working on three to four armies at once.) I am looking forward to getting the entire paint collection organized and neatly stacked. 

Update with the second rack. I didn't realize how many paints I had! There are some doubles of the same color (and eve a few triples), and a few that are all dried out and need to be tossed, so that will open up a bit of space. At least having it all organized I now know exactly what I have and can better keep track of what I need. 

Painting will be more organized from now on!




No comments:

Post a Comment